Warehouse Team Manager- PM's
About the role
The Warehouse Team Manager will support the site management team in the efficient and cost effective management of the warehouse operations. It will be your responsibility to ensure the smooth running of the daily Warehouse operation and enable the required level of service to be provided to the customer at all times.
You will ensure that the receiving, storing, picking and dispatch of Goods in the correct manner to agreed productivity levels and within budgetary constraints, whilst maintaining a safe working environment through effective team management.
You will need
To be successful in this role you’ll have working knowledge of the Warehouse function within the FMCG distribution industry as well as working knowledge of the business and operational aspects of supervising a depot Warehouse operation. General knowledge of the Transport function would be an advantage.
As you will be leading a team of warehouse operatives, you’ll have excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage & train colleagues. Your computer skills will be important too as you will be using the MS Office suite on a daily basis for reporting and formal disciplinary processes.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*