About the role
We operate the UK’s only flexible multi-temp, shared customer delivery logistics network. We buy, warehouse, pick and distribute products to the nation’s best loved food and drink brands every single day and provide the best experience to our customers.
Our warehouse is fast paced and forms an essential part of the depot in delivering the right products to our customers on time. We have an opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor to support and facilitate the success of the warehouse.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Warehouse Operatives on a day-to-day basis ensuring productivity targets and safe working methods are met.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand the agreed requirements of internal and/or external customer and deliver on these requirements
- Communicate the required standards to the Warehouse team and ensure they are fully understood
- Train and coach Warehouse staff to achieve set standards
- Monitor team performance and behaviour, where necessary take corrective action to achieve agreed standards
- Complete new starter 3/7/11 reviews and contribute to the decisions on confirmation of employment
- Motivate team members by communicating performance targets, areas for improvement, giving praise and recognition for achievement or improvement
- Ensure employees understand company policies and procedures
- Be visible in leading the team and area in maintaining and improving safety standards with the objective of zero accidents
- Take appropriate measures to minimise stock loss and cost of credits in their area
- Maintain standards of housekeeping and hygiene in line with depot quality and safety standards
- Understand and comply with the relevant food safety legislation, ensuring team members comply with and understand the requirements in which they have been trained
- Understand and implement the Discipline and Grievance policies, through participating in Disciplinary/Investigatory meetings acting as Chair/Investigating Officer as necessary
- Actively seek to solve Grievance issues promptly and wherever possible informally before the formal procedure is invoked
- Manage the demands of the shift, dealing with problems that may arise in a professional, effective manner
- Identify staff training and development needs
- Monitor morale levels within the team and communicate any concerns to your Manager
- Monitor the administration of payroll and attendance recording, to ensure accuracy and issues or trends are highlighted
- Adopt a flexible approach to working shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays to deliver an efficient and effective service to customers in line with any operational requirements
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues in all departments and the management team
- By words and actions, promote a positive, achievement orientated and respectful work environment with your team and colleagues
44 hours per week which may include weekends and public holidays.
Potential Overtime available.
Whats in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*