Warehouse Section Manager
About the role
Opportunity: Warehouse Section Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Section Manager based at Wellingborough Distribution Centre on Shift 1.
The successful candidate will require previous supervisory management experience within a warehouse team environment. The role will be to support the Warehouse Managers with delivering operational KPIs to tight deadlines and to drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
- Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in a FMCG warehousing environment
- A good communicator with the ability to be firm and decisive
- Good problem solver
- Excellent man management skills
- HACCP / IOSHH trained advantageous
- A good understanding of Health & Safety at Work and Food Safety Act. as a minimum
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Display aspects of own self awareness of behaviour and personal effectiveness and efficiency
- Show great flexibility and be prepared to work additional hours where necessary.
- Effective team worker
- PC literate in Excel and Word
There is a need for flexibility as the successful candidate will be required to work on an alternating shift pattern any ‘5 from 7. This will include regular weekend working.
Full training and development will be given to successful candidates.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*