About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for flexible warehouse operatives to join Booker on a number of shift patterns as listed below, on a 6 month temporary to permanent contract. Colleagues will be required to work an average of 40 hours per week but may be flexed up or down depending on business needs.
The successful candidates will be required to work any 5 from 7 days on either:
Rotating 06.00am-14.00pm/14.00pm-22.00pm, 7 out of 8 Sundays
Nightshift 22.00pm-06.00am, Sunday to Thursday/Monday to Friday
You will receive an initial rate of pay which will increase on achieving the minimum performance level required, plus shift premium dependant on hours of the day and days of the week worked, also participation in the site incentive scheme which related to an individuals performance.
To receive, pick and load goods correctly in accordance with safe standards of work instructions
To operate all manual and mechanical handling equipment correctly and safely to avoid damage to goods, property or people
Daily pre-equipment checks before use, reporting any faults immediately to a manager
Report dangerous stacking, racking damage, obstructions and any other danger or irregularities immediately to a manager
Assist in the counting of stock as required
Assist in the issue of any paperwork, documentation as required
Action re-coup of damaged stock as requested by manager
Undergo any training when required by the Company
Any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business
You will need
Numeracy and literacy
Experience within warehouse chambers
Handle goods carefully and comply with safety regulations
Ensure goods are not damaged through mis-handling or faulty storing or stacking
Flexible and versatile
Able to produce quality standard of work
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*