About the role
We are looking for Warehouse Operatives to join our team with a real can-do attitude who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Are you enthusiastic, committed and driven to achieve effective results and reach all targets?
- Do you take pride in your work and look at ways to improve not only your own performance but that of the team and business as a whole?
- Do you have previous experience working in a fast-paced warehouse?
- Are you flexible in working a 5-day rolling rota shift pattern where you are contracted to work weekends and Bank/Public holidays?
If you have answered yes to all the above and want to be part of the Best team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
As a warehouse operative, the role is not just about picking the right products for delivery, but ensuring our customers get the best service and all products are received in immaculate condition.
- The accurate picking and dispatch of goods using voice technology
- Checking quality, shelf life and ensuring packaging is robust in preparation for delivery
- Ensuring all products are assembled and methodically stacked to the highest standard for our clients.
- Working with all team members to ensure that corporate goals and operational KPI’s are consistently achieved and maintained
- Compliance at all times with relevant legislation involved in Food Safety and Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety and reporting procedures relevant to your role
- Consistently operating a clean as you go principle
- Full cooperation with other departments/depots to ensure maximum efficiencies are met
- Always maintaining a professional and polite attitude
- Playing your part in ensuring audits are passed by adhering to all process and procedures applicable to your role
- Undertake any other duties that may from time to time prove necessary
Health and Safety is vital within this role therefore you will be expected to comply with all requirements of the Health and Safety policy and procedure including safety checks of all equipment before use and wearing
You will need
- Give 100% to effectively achieve your targets
- Take pride in your work and ensure minimal picking errors and damage to products
- Be adaptable and resilient to meet the ever-changing demands of our business
- Be able to follow instructions either verbal or written
- Be reliable and a good timekeeper
- You must be clean and presentable at all times
Whats in it for you
Competitive Salary, Pension, 29 days Holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme, 10% Tesco Colleague Club Card (15% every 4 weeks for 4 days) & 20% F&F Clothing discount, 25% Tesco Café discount, Booker Colleague Card, 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, Pizza Hut Delivery, TGI Fridays, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*