Warehouse Operative (Night Loading)
About the role
We operate the UK’s ONLY flexible multi-temp, shared customer delivery logistics network. We buy, warehouse, pick and distribute products to the nation’s best loved food and drink brands every single day and provide the best experience to our customers.
We are looking to recruit 3 x Loaders to join our existing team. Loading forms an essential part of the Business, ensuring that vehicles are loaded correctly and on time.
- Ensure all stock is bulked up, shrink-wrapped and loaded correctly, which enables the Driver to unload the vehicle, according to the order of drops
- Responsible for ensuring that all pallets are securely wrapped and in the correct position before they are loaded onto vehicles, avoiding collision with other pallets or vehicle sides
- Ensure the manoeuvring of pallets onto the back of a vehicle is at a suitable speed, dependent on the size of the load
- Keep surrounding area clean and free from obstacles
- Be aware and comply with all fire safety procedures, including maintaining clear fire exits and escape routes
You will need
Whilst no specific experience is required, you will be used to working to targets and have an accurate and methodical approach to your work. You will be a good team player who supports our Company values.
You must be able to adopt a flexible approach to working shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays to deliver an efficient and effective service to customers in line with any operational requirements.
Whats in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*