About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Transport Team at our Wembley site. In this position, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of products to our prestigious customer accounts driving one of our 3.5T vans.
The role will involve multi drop deliveries on behalf of the company in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
Your contract will be 40 hours per week, “any 5 days from 7” however your working pattern will be a rotating shift of Monday - Friday, 5am and 6am starts. Sometimes, you may have longer days, some flexibility is required.
Following scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly- carrying out multi-drop deliveries
These deliveries consist of manual handling - all deliveries are in boxes
All deliveries to be carried out in a friendly and helpful manner
Following the correct procedures with every delivery – to ensure great service
Must keep your vehicle clean but also tidy and well cared for
Making sure you carefully carry out all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
Carrying out warehouse tasks as required
You will need
Full driving licence
Ability to deliver excellent customer service
Able to demonstrate good standard of literacy & numeracy skills
A basic understanding of Health and Safety is essential
Previous experience of multi-drop deliveries essential and knowledge of food industry would be advantageous
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay.
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Established in 1929 Ritter-Courivaud is one of the UK’s leading food distributors to fine dining restaurants in the UK. Our unique product range includes the highest quality ingredients and products from all around the world, such as caviar, truffles, charcuterie and including an extensive range of Sardinian salciccia and a vast variety of patisserie ingredients for the discerning patissier.
With a commitment to sourcing the best and most innovative products, we try to offer chefs all they need in order for them and their establishment to be rated amongst the best. We are proud to serve many of the UK’s most prestigious and leading restaurants.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*