About the role
Are you an experienced Paragon user awaiting your next adventure
We are looking for experienced Paragon users looking to move into an exciting logistical role with Best. They should be highly motivated, well organised, have a can-do attitude individual and a solid grounding in Transport & Logistics planning in an FMCG environment. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody to take a share in responsibility for the business’s transport planning with. Knowledge of the workings and legislation of the UK transport sector would be preferable along with previous experience working in a Transport & Distribution environment.
- Working alongside the Operations teams you will complete day to day route planning exercises to enhance service & efficiency at the Distribution Centre’s
- You will complete route changes, supporting the full re-planning process and with an increasing emphasis on continual improvement, including investigating & analysing route performance daily in order to identify areas for improvement.
- With a strong emphasis on Service, the Transport Planners have a number of objectives. Routes need to run On-Time, hitting high delivery performance targets of over 92%. Routes must also be efficient whilst always operating within the required legal and company guidelines.
- Each day we complete a full review of the live routes against real volume. This process allows changes to the routes to make sure orders fit and that they run on-time. As such the successful applicant will be required to work a rota from Sunday to Friday.
- Reliability and flexibility are also key aspects of this varied role.
You will need
- Do you have experience using a mainstream routing and scheduling package, ideally Paragon?
- Are you enthusiastic, committed & driven to achieve effective results and reach all targets?
- Have an accurate and methodical approach to your work
- Are well organised and self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Possess good MS Excel knowledge, preferably to intermediate level?
- Are you a confident communicator, able to present work in a clear and concise manner?
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines whilst remaining accountable for your work?
- The ability to build working relationships and form part of a small hard-working team is vital along with a clear willingness to get involved
- Hold a full current driving license and able to work away from home supporting other depots at times throughout the year?
If you have answered yes to the above and want to be part of the BEST team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*