About the role
We are currently looking for a transport clerk to work in our National accounts busy logistics office to carry out general administration including store delivery administration, driver debriefs, legal compliance and communications with customer services regarding deliveries. They will report to the Transport Section Manager and contribute to the Department’s success by ensuring KPI’s are continually met. A flexible approach to occasionally cover warehouse clerk roles will also be expected.
It is essential to have a keen eye for detail, an understanding of drivers’ hours and tachograph regulations and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word and e-mail. Strong administration skills are required along with good communication.
- Being the first point of contact for all Booker drivers and agency drivers, ensuring all are fully briefed/debriefed and correct paperwork and Proof of Delivery’s are issued and returned.
- Liaising with drivers / customer services throughout the shift to ensure progress on deliveries. Allocation of duties
- Communicating with the Warehouse and other departments to ensure any loading / unloading issues are dealt with and managed as required
- Manning the brief / debrief desk and ensuring good delivery of customer service to both Booker and agency drivers.
You will need
- Good organisational skills, including prioritising work load
- Computer knowledge and be familiar with Locator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Numeracy skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication skills, telephone and face to face
- Keen eye for detail
- Be a good team player
Whats in it for you
In return, successful applicants will not only receive a competitive salary, but other benefits including Company Pension Scheme, Bonus Scheme, Health Care scheme, subsidised canteen, social club and on-site gym.
We operate three regional distribution centres, Hatfield, Haydock Didcot in England, and has a national distribution centre in Wellingborough. These distribution centres serve our 200 branches with all their products including fresh, frozen and ambient stock. They operate 24 hours a day with branches receiving daily deliveries.
Booker Group is the UK’s leading food and drink wholesaler
We comprise of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter-Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together we are privileged to serve over 1.5million business customers