About the role
A vacancy has arisen within the National Primary Distribution function. Reporting to the Primary Distribution Manager you will be required to efficiently and effectively manage all administrative elements of the central Primary function relating to all network backhaul, consolidation, x-dock and planning.
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday basis, working 8am – 4pm, however applicants must be flexible to meet the demands of the Business.
- Arranging and administering the day to day Primary for Transport
- Arranging Customer Special orders
- Ensure Network Primary work is compliant, correct & invoiced in a timely manner
- Resolve invoice queries for Finance and Suppliers
- Producing Fleet Compliance stats
- Weekly reconciliations and system audits
- Maintaining central trackers, producing weekly stats/ KPI’s
- Must be able to communicate effectively between DC’s, Supply Chain, Transport & Suppliers to resolve issues
- Various adhoc administration duties
You will need
- Extensive working knowledge of Locator and Excel
- Analytical and proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Some knowledge of transport would be advantageous.
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*