About the role
Booker.co.uk is the fastest growing business to business wholesale website in the UK, and takes customer orders that account for c.30% of Booker Group’s sales. The IS Web team look after all infrastructure and application software that run the Booker Group web sites & apps, including the Booker.co.uk our B2B commerce web site, and also the content only consumer facing web sites operated for various divisions and brands within the Booker Group. The IS team work closely with the Booker Digital team to ensure the systems deliver a seamless end user online experience to our customers.
Booker Group are currently seeking a Test Analyst (IS Analyst - Web) to join the web project team. This role will cover key testing and QA activities associated with the projects as well as manage and conduct business and acceptance testing. The Test Analyst will be key to helping deliver quality assurance and associated testing activities for projects, relevant reporting, and defect management with collaborative supplier management. We are looking for someone with experience in Agile methodologies and working with the broader teams, 3rd parties and industry. The successful candidate will bring to the table a good mind for quality assurance and have an eye for detail.
Health, Safe and Legal (Governance, Security and Controls):
- Comply with change management procedures and system security.
- Comply with all company policies, e.g. financial planning and control, health and safety.
- Follow agreed procedures to resolve technical and procedural problems and escalate as required.
- Comply with IT supplier contracts and licensing agreements to ensure we remain compliant with contractual terms and conditions.
- Champion diversity and inclusion to ensure everyone feels welcome at Booker.
- Work to identify issues that will or are impacting systems stability, availability and functionality, and then work promptly, jointly & proactively to mitigate and resolve such issues.
- Prioritise and promptly resolve technical and procedural issues.
- Specify enhancements to systems, log system deficiencies and then work to test the delivered software.
- Work to reliably and efficiently produce timely and accurate management information.
- Provide training and guidance to end users as required.
- Work with colleagues, customers and suppliers to manage service perception and the understanding of IS services.
- Work proactively with stakeholders to improve processes and maximise system asset utilization.
- Work to deliver system improvements and projects to support the company's growth plans.
- Work promptly, jointly & proactively on projects to improve cash profit & customer satisfaction.
- Work to deliver approved projects in full to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Work with suppliers and other stakeholders to achieve effective solutions.
- Comply with procedures to store and re-use IS equipment effectively and efficiently.
You will need
.To be professionally qualified with previous experience of working in an IT or Technical role (ideally at least 2 years of experience in a similar role).
Experience or competence of:
- Produce and maintain test plan across the lifecycle of the projects for all aspects of Acceptance Testing.
- Working with Senior Analysts and other project team members to actively manage planned sprints/releases.
- Test Estimation (waterfall and agile methods) to ensure that the effort for testing on projects is correctly captured and tracked.
- Development and maintenance of Customer Acceptance Test objectives matrices through the project and successful baselining as part of project closure.
- Definition of Acceptance Test criteria and working with Business Stakeholders to sign off user test requirements and test acceptance criteria.
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies and practices.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD along with automation.
- Day to day management of tasks within Web project team and managing delivery of test deliverables on behalf of the team.
- Work with 3rd parties and internal teams to build on automated testing.
- Be proactive and escalate any delays in testing to IS Manager and Senior Analysts in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate attention to detail and an ability to focus on quality of work
- Possess good analytical skills, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Demonstrable experience in eCommerce and web based applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Detail orientated that is always reflected in documentation
- Proactively engaging with team members, open and transparent approach and an enthusiastic team player
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*