About the role
We are looking to appoint a Supply Planner in our head office in Wellingborough to support our branches and category teams.
Within this role you will be a pivotal part of the Supply Chain team by improving cash profit and customer satisfaction through the efficient management of stock.
Our Supply Chain teams are driven to succeed and process orientated, tasked with ensuring stock is in the right place at the right time. Whilst this can be a challenging role, the sense of accomplishment you will feel after finding resolutions or solving problems is second to none.
- Optimising stock levels and maintaining high stock availability within budget
- Proactively reviewing stock levels and escalating as required
- Accurate forecasting to ensure stock levels are correct and allocated appropriately across all of our branches
- Ensuring the release and flow of stock is within agreed timescales
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external teams including third party suppliers
- Working in partnership with operations and distribution centres to efficiently manager storage space
You will need
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- A high level of organisational and time management skills
- The ability to prioritise and keep to tight deadlines
- Experience of using a PC with a thorough knowledge of Excel
- Analytical skills with good attention to detail
- To be reliable, calm, focused and tenacious
- Knowledge of the FMCG sector, ideally food
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*