Supply Planner - FTC
About the role
Booker Group the UK's leading wholesaler is recruiting for a Supply Planner within our Alcohol team. The role will be based out of our head office in Wellingborough, supporting our branches and Category teams.
Within this role you will be a pivotal part of the Supply Chain team by improving cash profit and customer satisfaction throughout the efficient management of stock.
Our Supply Chain teams are driven to succeed and process orientated, tasked with ensuring stock is in the right place at the right time. Whilst this can be a challenging role, the sense of accomplishment you will feel after finding resolutions or solving problems is second to none.
- Optimising stock levels and maintaining stock availability
- Proactively reviewing stock levels and escalating as required
- Accurate forecasting to ensure stock levels are correct and allocated appropriately across all of our branches
- Ensuring the release and flow of stock is within agreed timescales
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external teams including third party suppliers
- Working in partnership with operations and distribution centres to efficiently manage storage space
You will need
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- A high level of organisational and time management skills
- The ability to prioritise and keep to tight deadlines
- Experience of using a PC with a thorough working knowledge of Excel
- Analytical skills with good attention to detail
- To be reliable, calm, focused and tenacious
- Knowledge of the FMCG sector, ideally food.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*