Supply Chain Demand Planner
About the role
We are looking for a Supply Chain Demand Planner to join our team with a real can-do attitude who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. The department is responsible for demand planning and stock replenishment that interfaces with customers, suppliers and all departments of Best Food Logistics.
- Do you have an analytical and inquisitive mind, with strong data analysis skills and excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)?
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain systems and processes in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment?
- The ability to multi-task, remain calm and thrive in a fast moving environment with an awareness of leading edge industry developments within the wider supply chain arena?
- The ability to influence at all levels particularly with regard to collaborative solutions delivery?
- Have Advanced Microsoft Office capability, particularly Microsoft Excel?
- Are you educated to a degree level or equivalent, a minimum of 2 to 3 years Supply Chain and replenishment experience with capability to demonstrate and apply industry best practice?
- Do you have flexibility to work some weekends including bank/public holidays on a rota basis?
If you have answered yes to all the above and want to be part of the BEST team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
Working within a dynamic supply chain team, you will deliver a great service to our customers through outstanding availability and inventory control with a consistent focus on proactive supply chain management in partnership with our customers, delivering commercial benefit through the supply chain.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders; this includes the responsibility for successful delivery of inventory budget (~£3m per week) and achievement of product availability target (~99.5%+ daily).
- Identify and implement initiatives that drive an improvement in forecast accuracy, challenge and influence suppliers to generate an improvement in service, responsiveness and efficiency.
- Where issues arise you will ensure these are dealt with appropriately, creating win-win scenarios and where appropriate escalating the issues to line manager/key stakeholders for support/resolution.
- Ensure a consistent balance of priorities and productivity between the business goals and demands of customers, particularly in relation to operational efficiency (cost) and customer expectations
- Ensure all business rules developed with the supplier of the Demand, Forecasting, Replenishment and Planning (DFRP) solution meet the goals of customers and the business, reducing risk of conflict and ensuring appropriate targeting of areas for improvement within the supply chain.
- Deliver outlined forecast accuracy targets across all item classifications supported by a review of historical sales trends and other demand influencers in addition to excellent communication with customers and industry knowledge.
- Accountability for the successful delivery of customer promotions and menu change activity, leadership of a variety of customer/supply chain projects/initiatives and pro-active support of wider business initiatives including supplier development, new contract introduction and migration opportunities.
- You will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally and support customers and our business through the generation, development and implementation of more effective and efficient ways of working, becoming a subject matter expert in Slim4 replenishment system, driving continuous improvement, developing and enhancing one best way of working and leading training/development sessions for colleagues
- The ability to ensure customer needs are met through delivery of agreed targets (KPIs).
- That end-to-end and wider business context is considered as part of supply chain decision making.
- Work collaboratively with National Account Managers to ensure appropriate decisions/actions are taken regarding customer inventory e.g. Delisted products and Held stock.
40 hours per week over 5 days which may include some weekend work and public holidays on a rota basis.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Holiday pro rata, plus bank/public holidays, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*