Supply Chain Co-ordinator
About the role
We are looking for a Supply Chain Co-ordinator to join our team who is passionate about delivering an excellent service to our customers and can demonstrate collaborative working with our internal teams to achieve this.
This role will be based in the Royton office three days per week with the option to work from home two days per week where this can be facilitated.
As Supply Chain Co-ordinator you will be accountable for the accurate ordering of all products including fresh food from our suppliers for delivery and effective receipt into our four main depots within the UK.
The planning and scheduling of accurate delivery times, ensuring the relevant depot has the capacity to take the delivery on time is vital to the success of this role and enhances the supply chain performance and experience for all within the network, ensuring our customers have confidence that their supply chain is being managed in line with expectations and availability.
As key contact for customer supply chain queries you will be required to identify root cause, supporting the identification and implementation of permanent resolutions. This is a fast-paced role with the requirement to meet strict timescales. Whilst previous experience in a similar role/environment is advantageous, training will be provided to enable the best candidate to join our team.
You will need
- Are you enthusiastic, confident, committed and driven to achieve effective results and reach all targets?
- Possess excellent attention to detail, challenge existing processes and identify improvement opportunities?
- Are you pro-active with excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise and remain calm in a fast-moving environment.
- Have a natural ability to problem solve, forward think and identify/mitigate problems before they arise?
- Are you proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
40 hours per week over 5 days which includes some weekend work and public holidays on a rota basis.
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Holiday pro rata, plus bank/public holidays, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 25% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*