Supply Chain Administrator
About the role
Booker Group are looking for a talented and motivated Administrator for the Branch Support Team in Supply Chain. The applicant should have a real flair for technology and thrive on providing an exemplary customer service to support and cover Business Centres, Distribution Centres and Support Centres to help improve customer satisfaction and cash profit.
This role will have specific focus on providing support to Branches and the wider Supply Chain Team.
You will be In this role you will be required to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis for which you will be appropriately compensated.
Health, Safe and Legal (Governance, Security and Controls):
- Comply with change management procedures and system security.
- Comply with all company policies, e.g. financial planning and control, health and safety.
- Follow agreed procedures to resolve technical and procedural problems and escalate as required.
- Champion diversity and inclusion to ensure everyone feels welcome at Booker.
- Work reliably and efficiently to produce timely and accurate information.
- Support Branches with their requests
- Manage Branch orders through the system
- Work with colleagues and other stakeholders to achieve effective solutions.
- Comply with procedures to maintain efficiency
- Provide Business reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Undertake a Branch Support function taking queries and orders from Branches
- Process the publication and administration of Product recalls
- Ensure that Branch orders are received to agreed timelines and manage the progress of these orders through the various systems
- Provide administrative support to the Department
You will need
- Excellence in building positive relationships with business stakeholders.
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- An understanding of working with a variety of Business application systems.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*