Stock Control Supervisor
About the role
Are you looking for role that is both challenging and rewarding? Do you have an eye for detail and like making informed decisions?
We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of the store management team. As a Stock Control Supervisor you will identify causes that affect on shelf availability and by working with your peers put measures in place to ensure our valued customers can purchase the products that they need when they need them. You will also have a large role to play in maximising the profitability of the store by understanding and then taking action on issues that cause stock loss.
Managing the store's product promotions is another key part to the role and you will be responsible for pricing accuracy so having a structured way of working is key to helping the store achieve legal compliance.
If you feel that you have what it takes and wish to take that next step on your career path then please apply.
Ensure that the team comply with legal standards and company procedures at all times.
You will be responsible for stocking the product range that our customers require and make sure they are available on shelf with the correct prices. You will be the Champion of product availability.
Taking action on causes that lead to stock loss and working with the store team come up with solutions that will improve profitability.
You will need
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
Accurate and analytical, ensuring accurate records are maintained
Flexible, adaptable and enjoys working with, as well as managing a team
An excellent communicator and have some experience in supervising or managing a team.
Practical experience in the retail trade
Experience of Sales Based Ordering would be advantageous
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*