Stock Control Assistant
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to become part of an innovative, forward thinking stock control operation within the Best Food logistics team.
As a Stock Control Assistant, you will be joining a small team responsible for maintaining the stock accuracy of fresh, chilled, frozen and ambient products for our growing international client.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage product shelf life
- Verification of stock including correct pack sizes, quantity, price and best before dates
- Managing returns to supplier/Depots
- Promote good relations with external and internal suppliers
- React effectively to sales fluctuations, seasonal changes and supply problems in order to minimise out of stock lines
- Ensure that extensive communication channels exist and are upheld between suppliers, managers, in-house colleagues and external depots
- Take an active role throughout depot stock take procedure
- Produce and monitor key performance indicators
- Ensure correct balance of stock in all temperature areas of the warehouse
- Control day to day activity concerning export
- Manage day to day non-core activity
- Escalate any supplier issues to the Stock Manager, ensuring prompt action is taken with regards to substitute products
- Manage slow moving products and removals of delisted products
- Achieve and maintain customer product availability to the required period service level of 98%
- Support the Stock Control Manager with the achievement of service level targets and department objectives
- Undertake comprehensive training of administration staff in order to facilitate adequate cover during periods of holiday absence
- Ensure production of daily, weekly and period reports
You will need
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Excel, Word, Outlook and internet
- The ability to prioritise
- Experience within FMCG environment
- Some previous stock control experience
- A working knowledge of Logistics and Store operations
- Current FLT reach truck licence
- Educated to GCSE standard
5 out of 7 days 13:00pm – 21:30pm
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Whats in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Hut & Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*