About the role
As a Skilled Butcher you will have a good product knowledge, cutting and preparation skills, and offer high standards of customer service. You will be able to prepare orders to customer's needs and have a good understanding of stock control process and procedures.
Responsible for supporting the Butchery sales and profit by working closely with the Butchery Manager and the department team, working with your customers, ensuring that we continue to provide the highest standards in customer service and that we comply to health & safety and legal standards at all times. You must be customer driven, organised and be an excellent communicator, with experience within the butchery trade.
Working as part of a small team on the Butchery Department, you may also be responsible for running the department in the Butchery Manager's absence and will follow company standard ways of working and comply with legislative requirements in food safety and health and safety at all times.
The working hours/pattern for this role will be discussed and confirmed at interview. Please note that we are a 7-day operation and therefore offer a variety of flexible working patterns to fit personal circumstances and support work and family demands whilst meeting the needs of the business and our customers. In return, we can offer a competitive wage and benefits and personal pension plan.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*