Site Maintenance Engineer - Hatfield, Hertfordshire
About the role
We are currently looking for a Site Maintenance Engineer to work in our Engineering Department within our distribution centre in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
You will form part of a small engineering team providing support to our large 420,000 sq ft food distribution depot which handles ambient, chill and frozen goods.
Carrying out fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, refrigeration logging, water hygiene monitoring, racking inspection & repairs, small electrical works, plumbing works, painting, tiling, drain maintenance, contractor supervision, work permit management and control, holiday cover, call out duty, warehouse client support, understand H&S legislation, undertake job specific training, undertake weekly statutory inspections and logging.
You will need
- To have held a time served apprenticeship
- Previous experience in the maintenance & servicing of warehouse & office facilities.
- Be of a multi-skilled calibre with qualifications to an electrically recognised status
- Reasonable knowledge in LV electrical systems and HVAC & refrigeration systems
- Any qualifications or experience in the area of Mechanical, Plumbing, painting & decorating would be an added advantage.
- A self-motivated, committed team player who has a proactive approach to the development of themselves and the engineering department.
- Able to work at height.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to spontaneous challenges.
- Be confident in working alone when required.
- Have a high regard for H&S awareness, preferably IOSH qualified or above.
- Able to work to strict budgets.
An analytical approach with excellent problem solving abilities.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*