Loader/Shunter/Yard Person - Class 1 (Nights)
About the role
*Shunter/Loader/Yard Person Nights **
Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class, on time and friendly delivery service to all customers and suppliers. Reporting to the Transport Manager, the role will involve moving vehicles around the yard and loading them ready for delivery, ensuring all stock is bulked up and shrink-wrapped.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety.
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Ensure that your vehicle is maintained in a safe and clean condition by doing all safety checks and filling in your defect book.
- To ensure the security of all company property that is under your charge and collect all empty equipment from the customer.
- You must co-operate fully with the driver debrief procedure and undertake any other duties that may prove necessary.
48 hours per week over 4 days which may include public holidays. Typical start time between 18:00pm – 06:00am
You will need
It is essential that you hold a Counterbalance Forklift licence, Class 1 Driving Licence, and full CPC training. Experience of working in a similar role, liaising with customers, strong map reading abilities and multi-drop experience is desirable.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*