Shunter - Class 1
About the role
Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class service ensuring vehicles are moved safely around the yard on and off loading bays, then parking them safely and preparing them for departure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV Class 1 vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety
- Checking that freezer thermostats and refrigerator units are working correctly and reporting any faults via the relevant channels
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Reporting any health and safety issues on vehicles and in your working environment
- Checking and ensuring that the transport department are aware of any damage to the vehicles
- Maintaining constant communication with the Transport Department via a handheld radio to ensure that suitable vehicles are available as and when required.
There will be an occasional need for offsite travel to collect vehicles from workshops as required and other ad hoc duties including supporting the trunking operation if and when required.
You will need
An LGV Class 1 licence and a valid CPC card are an essential requirement for this role, as is the need to observe company Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
48 hours per week which may include public holidays.
Potential Overtime available.
It is essential that you hold a Class 1 Driving Licence, and full CPC training. Experience of working in a similar role, liaising with customers, strong map reading abilities and multi-drop experience is desirable.
We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Salary stated may include temporary payments
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*