Senior Transport Operations Clerk
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transport Clerk to work in our busy logistics office to carry out general administration including store delivery administration, driver debriefs, legal compliance and communications with customer services regarding deliveries.
It is essential to have a keen eye for detail, an understanding of drivers’ hours and tachograph regulations and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word and e-mail. Strong administration skills are required along with good communication.
The role will require you to work full time mainly Mon-Fri with rotating shifts of 06.00-14.00 (week 1) and 14.00-20.00 (week 2). Changes to these hours and additional hours are expected in order to meet the demands of the Business.
- Planning tasks and functions of the Transport Clerks
- Deliver weekly and periodical data gathering and reporting routines in line with Operating mode
- support the delivery of Cost, Safety, Productivity, Service, Cultural
- Vehicles departing at the correct Temperature
- Pre Brief and Debrief compliance
- Pre Journey driver checks carried out by the Clerks
- Admin Legal compliance
- Cover Day and Night shifts as per rota
- You will support the management Team by covering Section Managers Holidays
You will need
- Interest and passion to develop yourself to the next level
- Maintain good relationships with Managers, peers and colleagues
- Desire and commitment to do the best for the company.
- You are a good communicator who will share knowledge and work towards best practices.
- You can contribute to a good team spirit and build good working networks.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business quick thinking is essential.
- You are agile in the way you think, support the managers in making decisions and handle change.
- You will be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience in Operational Support management
- Additional Training around Budgets
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*