Senior Transport Operations Clerk
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Operations Clerk to join our team based at our Booker Retail Partner Distribution Centre . You will support the day to day administration of the Transport department, overseeing the Operations Clerks.
As a Senior Operations Clerk some of the key accountabilities will include:-
Completing the relevant accident investigation paperwork
Dealing with CRM queries and resolving allocated tickets within the set deadlines
Managing control of the fuel system
Day to day management of the Transport Operation such as route departures
Communication with managers, liaising with team members from transport as well as warehouse and CST
You will need
To be successful in the role you should have:
Data Entry / Administrative Experience
GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent level numeric and literacy skills)
Excellent communication skills
Ability to analyse verbal and numeric data
Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
Ability to work as part of a team
Good Time management and organisational skills
Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
Attention to detail and accuracy
Experience with HGV drivers or within a similar transport role would be ideal however, we will consider transferable skills.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*