Senior Operations Clerk
About the role
Based within the Warehouse environment and reporting into the Operations Support Manager you will ensure that the day to day functions of the warehouse administration department are completed, in support of the operation.
Rotating Shifts, as below -
Week 1 - Sun 4am to 12pm then Mon to Thurs 6am to 2pm.
Week 2 - Mon to Thurs 2pm to 10pm then Fri 10am to 6pm
£26,784 per annum
You will assist the administration department through daily pinch points, cover sickness/holidays as required, manage time sheets for each shift, authorising holidays allowing adequate cover to maintain performance, monitor and investigate Customer Service queries.
Participate in stock take set up and compliance and liaise with the Transport Team Managers with regards to supporting them with operations clerks.
Control the efficiency of order capture processes ensuring late picks are handled in a timely manner.
Ensure that store invoices are released as per agreed timescales.
Supervise and manage your direct reports.
Develop your direct reports, holding annual appraisals and dealing with disciplinary/grievance matters as they arise in line with agreed policies.
Oversee and manage the health and safety operations ensuring that the workplace is a safe environment to work in.
You will need
GCSE Maths and English-grade C or above.
Previous administrative experience as well as experience of Warehouse Management Systems.
Ideally warehouse management experience
PC Literate (particularly Excel)
Ability to work as part of a team, ability to analyse verbal and numerical data, working on own initiative and under pressure.
Good time management and communication skills.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*