Retail Development Manager
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Development Manager to join our Booker and Makro Wholesale division.
This is no ordinary Sales role, together with the General Manager you will working alongside our Premier symbol operators and independent retailers to build relationships and trust, which in turn will grow and develop their businesses.
This role requires you to work a 5 day week which may include occasional weekends and bank holidays.
You will be responsible for new business growth in your region through the recruitment of competitor stores and identifying new store opportunities for existing retailers.
The purpose of this position is to manage a defined territory with the responsibility for sales, debt, margin, cash profit and customer satisfaction. There is a particular emphasis on sales growth.
You will need
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
Someone who not only can work to a general daily routine, but can be adaptive to the people and situations that are presented to them. .
You will have a solution focused sales approach with a natural desire to problem solve and be resilient enough to have difficult conversations when things don’t go to plan.
Being familiar with the local area and the social and economic factors affecting is, is a must.
You will possess a full UK driving licence.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*