Retail Development Manager - FTC
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Development Manager on a Fixed Term basis, for around 9 months, to join our Londis Field Team, covering the PE, LE & NN postcodes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop their knowledge of the Londis brand.
As a Retail Development Manager, you will be required to support our existing Londis retailers in identifying growth opportunities. You will assist our retailers in creating and developing their business plans whilst providing support on implementation. By working closely with our retailers, you will be responsible for maintaining these important relationships and guiding retailers on how to maximise the effectiveness of our Londis brand.
You will also be responsible for new business growth in your region through the recruitment of competitor stores and identifying new store opportunities for existing retailers.
We'll be expecting you to manage compliance and auditing as well, especially for our new developments.
You will need
You’ll have previous experience of working within the food retail and wholesale sector, with a particular focus on your local area and have an understanding of the social and economic factors affecting the area.
It’s essential that you’ve worked in a commercial environment with experience of developing business improvement plans as well as having direct experience of new business recruitment.
You’ll be a clear communicator who is customer focused with strong sales negotiation skills. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and can have an inventive approach to problem solving.
As this is a field based role, a full driving licence is essential.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*