Recruitment and Attraction Partner
About the role
Are you passionate about providing a first class service to your customer groups? Do you have experience recruiting in Tech and Finance? Are you ready to make the move to an internal recruitment team?
Here’s a little background;
Our Recruitment Team has evolved massively over the last 4 years, starting as a team of 4, way back when in 2019, hit with a pandemic in 2020 and focused solely on helping the business ride out the pandemic (as every food retailer/wholesaler did!), not knowing which way was up, with various challenges in the recruitment market, we can now firmly say, 2023 is looking very much like OUR year!
We have grown to a team of 11, full of caring and passionate individuals who want to bring the best talent into the business. So, are you ready to join us?
This role can be based in Watford or Wellingborough.
- Partnering with the HR functions and Hiring Managers across Support Centres, to deliver an effective end to end recruitment strategy and ensure vacancies are posted and managed in a timely way via ATS
- Collaborate with Line Manager and Attraction Manager to select appropriate methods of recruitment by considering the current market, previous campaigns, past successes and failures e.g use of Social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
- To act as a brand advocate for Booker Group ensuring a positive candidate experience where ‘Everyone is Welcome’
- Write and design job adverts to attract talented candidates, posting roles on job boards and managing direct applications if applicable
- Champion best practice and continually review recruitment procedures and provide training and credible advice to hiring managers on policies, procedures and interview skills
- Organise and/or attend assessment centres, career fairs or other events
- Building passive candidate talent pools
- Conduct Competitor analysis activities to ensure that Booker Group is competitive in the market
- Produce weekly/quarterly/yearly reports as requested
- To provide general support to the business as and when required
- Following our Business Code of Conduct, and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Previous Head office recruitment experience; specifically, Technology and Finance sectors
- Exceptional stakeholder management
- Relationship building
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience using an ATS- (Tribepad knowledge advantageous)
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*