About the role
Booker Group is recruiting for a Promotions Assistant to work cross-functionally with Trading, Marketing and Central Operations to deliver accurate pricing and promotions across all disciplined Booker Retail fascias. This includes generating product/pricing/promotions data and liaising with these key internal teams to ensure requirements are delivered accurately and on time in line with agreed processes, systems and calendars. The role will also support the Promotions Manager in the collation and validation of advertising gate fees before sending on to Finance for supplier invoicing.
- Build the Promotional Master from the category team analysis sheets to agreed deadlines
- To be a key contact for anything concerning promotions
- Liaise with other departments at all levels to get the job done correctly and accurately on time
- Ensure that SAP data is maintained accurately (e.g. promotional pricing)
- Manage and sign off promotional amends including updating the Master and communication
- Liaise with other functions to ensure data issues are dealt with to prevent any future re-occurrence
- Deal with ad hoc queries that come into the department
- Provide support to the wider team on promotion management
- Run reports and validations to check promotional data accuracy at key points in the promotions process
- Collate advertising gates fees in conjunction with the Category Managers then forward to Finance for supplier invoicing
- Work with colleagues to resolve supplier queries
You will need
- Good communication skills
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Highly accurate data input
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Manage own work load
- Cross functional team working
- Customer focussed
- Highly organised with strong admin skills
- Tenacious and follow through to completion
- An intermediate understanding of excel (e.g. vlookups/pivot tables)
- Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word)
- Evidence of being able to understand and manage systems
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*