About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced Team Manager to lead our payroll processing and administration teams in providing a timely and efficient service to our business. The role will be based in Eccles or Deeside, with regular travel to the team in Wellingborough.
You will be a professional, motivated and service focused individual with excellent communication and organisational skills coupled with a strong knowledge of: payroll systems and processes; HMRC and pension scheme requirements and reporting. This is a fast paced challenging role but highly rewarding in its impact on the business.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Management responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of both weekly and luna payrolls
- Accurate preparation and input of payroll data into SAP to include starters, leavers and amendments
- Completion of all statutory and regulatory returns required by HMRC and Pension providers etc
- Reports, reconcile and check output against expectations
- Ensure payroll processes and procedures are reviewed and implemented correctly, conducting regular system checks to ensure the payroll database is working correctly escalating any issues as necessary Coaching and leading the team to develop overall competency and ensure a robust payroll delivery
- Provide advice and support to managers and colleagues within the business adhering to KPi’s and delivering a high quality service
- Participation of projects relating to the development of SAP, taking a lead on continuous improvement
You will need
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of managing a complex payroll function, with good working knowledge across all areas of payroll, both processing and regulatory
- In-depth knowledge of legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions
- Effective team management experience, with a desire to see continual improvement within your team and the drive to make it a reality
- Confident in your ability to build close working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of working with SAP
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*