About the role
In Booker we serve c.1m customers across the UK through our national network of distribution centres and cash and carry branches, with customers collecting products from their local branch or getting delivery to their premises. We work with independent and group retailers, caterers and other small businesses. This unique business-to-business offering allows Booker to serve our customers, communities and planet a little better every day.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as our PR Manager, reporting into our Head of PR. This role will be based in Wellingborough, providing hybraid working, 2 or 3 days in the office or at our customers premises. The role will also include travel across the country at sites across the UK or attending events. For the months of September, October and November this could be 2 – 3 nights a month for the rest of the year 1 or 2 nights a month.
Within the role of PR Manager you will be responsible for providing a professional and proactive PR support service across the business promoting a positive Company reputation with all stakeholders.
- Supporting the Head of PR in creating a strategic communication plan for the business, identifying opportunities to maximise positive publicity that celebrates the success of the business, our products and customers
- Owning and driving the communication plan ensuring all activities are coordinated and delivered to agreed time scales and budgets
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in any PR content/activity ensuring the message delivered is accurate and enhances the reputation of the business/customers
- Act as the first point of contact for all media enquiries resolving them efficiently and accurately and within agreed timescales. Escalating appropriately if required.
- Work with Trade media and journalist to review annual editorial plans to identify opportunities to maximise our PR presence
- Attend and manage PR events as an ambassador for Booker and our customers, including press visits to customers premises nationally
- Managing communication and engagement of local stakeholders to ensure they are well informed on our communication plan
- Supporting problem solving through great relationships with colleagues, customers and external stakeholders.
- Deputising for the Head of PR when they are not available dealing with crisis management and complaints in a timely and sensitive way
- Supporting the creation of media content, making appropriate changes and adaptations, responding to rapidly changing situations
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Championing diversity and inclusion ensuring everyone is welcome at Booker
You will need
To be successful in this role you will have strong experience in PR and/or Marketing ideally within a B2B environment. Proficient in the writing and delivery of campaigns, be confident at dealing with the media directly and have the ability to work with multiple stakeholders. Exceptional communication, copywriting and organisational skills.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*