National Accounts Administrator
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a 6-month fixed term position working within the National Accounts Administration team for Chef Direct.
The role entails maintaining and administering pricing files, producing sales data, collating business information to aid in the production and communication of business reports (including in spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation formats) as well as researching and investigating to assist business awareness and competitive advantage requirements.
The position is within Chef Direct (part of the Booker Group) at our site in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
It is a full time position on 6 month fixed term contract, initially, with working hours from Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a dynamic and versatile person who has a good eye for detail and the ability to interpret business data.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced level of MS Excel understanding and capability in order to be able to check and create spreadsheet reports involving the creation of look up and pivot tables.
We require a keen and conscientious person with an intelligent approach to daily challenges and the ability to develop strong and effective customer relationships with key account contacts and effective working relationships with National Account Managers.
Main tasks will be to:
- Ensure key operational activity planners are managed and maintained.
- Produce accurate and timely sales data, National Account status trackers and operational review period reports.
- Develop Customer Service relationships with all key contacts and stakeholders.
- Review and produce pricing / margin reports and work with National Account Managers to address any identified issues.
- Arrange and participate in supplier presentations, Account Manager meetings and project activities, as directed.
- To work with the operational team to ensure maximum efficiencies and best practice for all.
You will need
- An advanced level of MS Excel understanding and ability in order to create look up and pivot tables and manage large volumes of data is essential.
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications - Word and PowerPoint required as a minimum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively exchange information both verbally and in written form.
- Strong organisational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively whilst managing multiple work streams to tight time lines.
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and effectively utilise tools available to achieve and maintain an efficient way of working.
- Uses own initiative and able to consider all options available before escalating and seeking advice.
- A good team player who works proactively with others providing help and support as required and be adaptable to a range of varied activities in any given day.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
Whats in it for you
As a National Accounts Administrator at Chef Direct you will be given varied and challenging work supporting National Accounts Managers in managing and producing business data and assisting in the timely and accurate delivery of the operational obligations and customer service requirements.
Employee benefits include the following:
- 28 days' holiday (increases with length of service)
- Colleague discount at our Booker Wholesale Cash & Carry stores and Makro stores
- Group Pension Scheme membership
- Company healthcare scheme
- Company sharesave scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
Chef Direct is part of Booker Ltd, the UK's largest food wholesaler.
The Didcot Distribution Centre is a 245,000 sq ft, modern, multi-temperature food service site from which our HGV fleet deliver to our customers across the UK.