About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Merchandiser to join our Retail Merchandising team. This is a full time role working 38 hours per week over 5 days.
This regional role will be covering the South Central region, Please note that you may, at times, be required to work in other regions to help support the wider Merchandising team.
***As this is a field based role, we offer you the choice of a company car or a cash allowance, along with the option of a fuel card to cover the cost of business mileage. More details will be discussed at interview***
Working with the Regional Development teams to ensure store is merchandised to the correct planograms for the brand and the store is set up and ready for opening
Creating and placing retailer’s orders to deliver stock availability during merchandising programs
Installing required store imagery and POS for the brand in accordance to the latest promotions
Working with retailers and store teams in all aspects of merchandising best practice to ensure sustainability of policies, processes and procedures ensure the site is HSL at all times
Contributing to category initiatives for the region
Managing any additional resources such as agency should the store require additional resources outside of Booker
You will need
A full driving licence is essential as traveling is a big part of this role- You will be provided a company car with this role or a car allowance. Excellent communication skills are important, as well as the ability to build strong internal and external customer relationships. Experience in a similar Merchandising role would be beneficial as would knowledge of the following: Midas, Epos, Green Tickets, Buying and Delivering Schedules. Experience within Project Management would be highly regarded.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*