About the role
We are currently looking for an exceptional Marketing Assistant to join our Brand & Trade Marketing Team at our Support Centre in High Wycombe. This is an exciting entry level opportunity where you will support the Brand and Trade Marketing Manager to deliver Commercial Brand Plan priorities, including the development and execution of marketing material for our wholesale and retail customers.
Supporting the Brand & Trade Marketing Manager with the development of Trade Marketing materials and other activities to help generate and drive sales
Engaging with internal and external stakeholders, fielding queries and ensuring that deadlines are met
Be the point of contact for our 3rd party production company
Carry out ad-hoc or admin tasks for the Brand & Trade Marketing team as well as understanding the roles of other team members, to support with their workload as and when necessary such as at peak / seasonal periods or any time cover is required
You will need
Exceptional attention to detail
Practical IT skills including the use of PowerPoint and Excel (basic/intermediate)
Excellent verbal and written skills with an eye for detail
Experience working to tight deadlines and prioritising your workload to suit this
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and to work together to achieve the overall goals of the cross functional team
A flexible approach to work
The willingness to learn and adapt within a fast paced, commercial marketing environment.
A proactive and optimistic, "can do" attitude
Experience of working in a Retail or Wholesale environment would be preferred but not essential
Whilst this is an entry level role, those applicants with experience of a marketing assistant role would be preferred. We would also welcome those with transferrable skills or who can demonstrate their high potential
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*