Management / Senior Advisor Opportunity for Human Resources
About the role
Working with the General Manager, National HR & Development Manager & the site senior management team this role is key to improving the overall performance of the Distribution Centre by ensuring that people policies & procedures are followed and that the site operates safely and legally, as well as contributing to the success of HR across the Distribution network.
There are HR opportunities for both a permanent and maternity cover role.
- providing complex employment law, company and site specific policy advice and support to colleagues and managers on a number of people related matters
- working with Management Teams to drive a reduction in absence-related costs and issues by case management and adhering to and regularly reviewing and improving the site Absence Management Policy and processes
- ensuring recruitment processes are effective and co-ordinate the site Succession Plan, supporting the right people processes
- working with the Senior Management Team to develop and improve the performance of Warehouse and Transport Managers
- utilising MIS Reports and HR Activity Data to identify opportunities that improve site KPI’s and present findings to the Senior Team
- supporting the site trade union Annual Wage Negotiation process
- working within the agreed terms of HR & Training related Supplier Contracts to ensure costs are controlled and/or reduced where possible
- having the ability to develop & deliver the site HR / People Plan
- providing a flexible HR service that supports operational needs and delivers excellent internal customer service
- networking with the wider Distribution HR Teams and support with national HR projects as required
- developing and implement appropriate site specific HR policies that support/consult/negotiate any local agreements made with the Union
- considering the business risk when advising the Management Teams on employee relations / people issues
- raising awareness and understanding of best practice approach regarding employment law constraints
- managing, developing, supporting and coaching the HR / Payroll Team by holding regular review meetings and giving constructive feedback.
You will need
- ideally to be a MCIPD or have a relevant HR qualification, although not critical if the individual has operated in a similar size/scale of business within the HR function
- a good understanding of employment law
- strong IT skills are essential with the ability to navigate and use SAP, Email, MS Word & Exel, etc.
- strength of character to influence and manage upwards and tenacity to fulfil requirements
- ability to prioritise, plan and organise a varied workload, with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
Whats in it for you
In addition to the competitive basic pay, company benefits include:
- Booker Group Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare cover
- Sharesave Scheme
- In store colleague discount at Booker and Tesco
- Free parking
Chef Direct, a growing business that specifically caters for the unique needs of foodservice operators, is part of Booker Ltd, the UK's largest food wholesaler.
From the company headquarters at the Didcot Distribution Centre (a 245,000 sq ft, modern, multi-temperature food service site) Chef Direct services the national accounts it holds with its customers in the foodservice industry.