About the role
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join our Maintenance team based in our Wellingborough Distribution Centre. This role will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and will involve general repairs and planned maintenance to the site and equipment. A background in building services or facilities with knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning or refrigeration would be beneficial in this role.
The role will suit someone who comes from a similar fast paced 24/7 environment.
Occasional call-outs and weekend work will be required when necessary
General maintenance and repair throughout the Distribution Centre, including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration equipment
Ensuring our Distribution Centre meets legal compliance for maintenance
Maintain accurate records for building and equipment maintenance
The effective management of all third party service contracts
Monitor and manage maintenance spend with budget in mind
Provide good communication to site management, with timely updates
Overview and management of contractors on site, including vetting process and risk assessments, permit to work where applicable
You will need
TEC/City & Guilds or time served apprenticeship in an Electrical/Mechanical environment or building services
Full UK driving licence
Good working knowledge of building services, electrical/mechanical systems such as Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration
Experience of working to required H&S standards
IOSH managing safely
Good written and verbal communication
Knowledge of racking systems would be beneficial in this role
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*