LGV Class 2 Driver (Nights)
About the role
We operate the UK’s ONLY flexible multi-temp, shared customer delivery logistics network. We buy, warehouse, pick and distribute products to the nation’s best loved food and drink brands every single day and provide the best experience to our customers.
Our LGV Drivers do more than a ‘driving job’. Our Drivers are the ‘face’ of our organisation, leaving everyone they meet with a positive impression of them and Best Food Logistics.
This is a demanding but rewarding role which involves manual handling and multi-drop deliveries. You should therefore be confident to drive and deliver to various outlets throughout the UK.
48 hours per week which may include Saturdays and public holidays.Potential Overtime available.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver products to our customers, intact, on time and in full as per the delivery schedule
- Completion of documentation such as delivery notes, credits, and collections
- Adhere to all Driving Legislation and Working Time Regulations
- Follow Health and Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other’s Health and Safety
- Full compliance of Food safety Legislation and Chill Chain Standards
- Ensure LGV is maintained and safe e.g., safety checks and completion of defect book
- Collect all empty equipment from the customer
- Cooperate fully with the driver debrief procedure and undertake any other duties as directed by the Shift Management team
You will need
It is essential that you hold a current LGV Class 2 driving licence and a valid CPC card.
Applications from newly qualified Drivers welcome. We look forward to you joining the BEST team!
Salary stated may include temporary payments
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
We have always aspired to be the Best and now we are.
We are so confident in our supply chain, our people and our service that we can truly live up to our name, The Best Food Logistics company. Our people are what make us the best. We take the greatest care to commit to our vision and values with each interaction and at every touch point through the supply chain. There is no magic system to what we do. We stick to our values, and everything else falls into place. We are proud of our simplicity and straightforward approach.
We love our customers! We want them to love us! We aim to do that by providing great service, every day, by providing value with vision, and performance with passion.
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Best Logistics and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*