Junior Commercial Analyst
About the role
We have a unique opportunity to work as part of our Commercial Finance team, balancing both financial accounting and business partnering to our Trading teams in Booker Group.
The role involves working closely with both the Central Income and Trading teams to ensure a good understanding or margin and central income for the business as well as supporting the Commercial Finance function in proactively managing income.
- Identifying future risks and opportunities
- Acting as a financial expert for the Trading teams
- Ensuring accuracy of central income entries from Supplier Terms Agreements
- Dealing with supplier invoicing queries
- Supporting in the production of periodic management accounts
- Undertaking variance analysis on key income streams
- Providing status updates on terms agreements
- Supporting and assisting the wider finance team to ensure controls on processes
You will need
- The ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships, internally and externally
- Business partnering skills and a commercial mind set
- A natural aptitude towards finance and numerical date with strong analytical skills
- Tenacious, motivated and proactive
- The ability to influence and the desire to broaden your knowledge and skills
- A high level of Excel skills
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*