Junior Commercial Analyst
About the role
We have a unique opportunity to work as part of our Commercial Finance team, balancing both financial accounting and business partnering to our Trading teams in Booker Group.
Reporting to a Finance Manager, you will be responsible in supporting the Commercial Finance team in proactivily managing income. This role involves working closely with the Central Income team and Category Managers to ensure good understanding of both margin and central income for the business.
An ability to identify both future risks and opportunities being key to the role.
- Identifying future risks and opportunities
- Acting as a financial expert for the Trading teams
- Ensuring accuracy of central income entries from Supplier Terms Agreements
- Dealing with supplier invoicing queries
- Supporting in the production of periodic management accounts
- Undertaking variance analysis on key income streams
- Providing status updates on terms agreements
- Supporting and assisting the wider finance team to ensure controls on processes
You will need
- The ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
- Business partnering skills and a commercial mind set
- A natural aptitude towards finance and numerical data with strong analytical
- To be tenacious, motivated and proactive
- The ability to influence and the desire to broaden your knowledge and skills
- A high level of Excel skills
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*