About the role
Joining the wider product supply team, you will take responsibility for achieving and maximising Company product availability targets through careful planning and working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
If you are successful in gaining an interview, please be aware we do conduct testing, which include Excel and scenario based questions. Excel users should be working towards intermediate level.
Optimise service levels to customers within business unit and the supply chain as a whole.
Ensure that Promotional, Seasonal, Range review and New supplier activities are delivered to a required standard and on time.
Work in partnership with Trading teams to ensure that Trading activities are identified and complement Supply-chain goals and vice versa.
Develop relationships with Suppliers and Consolidators/Hauliers to ensure that inbound supply service levels and supplier constraints are optimised.
Achieve stockholding and wastage budgets for own product category and ensure appropriate actions are taken without impacting supply.
You will need
Essential qualifications: GCSE or equivalent Maths and English grade C or above.
Desirable: Suitable supply chain professional qualification or an interest in studying for one or Educated to degree level
Work on your own initiative with a pro-active approach to tasks and be able to think outside the box when it comes to problem solving. Ideally, you will have had some previous procurement or supply chain/retail experience and some knowledge of supply chain ordering systems. Also sales forecasting experience, but full training will be given.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*