About the role
At Booker we are always looking to improve our customers’ experience, and in the role of Insight Analyst you will undertake a variety of analytical activities to support the Range and Trading teams in delivering the best products at the right price to meet our customers’ needs.
The Insight Analyst reports into the Head of Pricing & Insight and is responsible for a range of project based and ad-hoc data analytics, whilst maintaining a focus on improving customer satisfaction and cash profit.The ideal candidate will have practical experience of manipulating and managing complex datasets using databases and office software applications, have strong commercial acumen and a passion for delivering to a high standard.
This role sits within the ‘Insight & Proposition’ department, a team responsible for determining which products are ranged in each Booker branch, managing and executing promotions, trading support / product file admin and competitor price monitoring and insight. This department informs, influences and supports key decision makers across various departments including Trading, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain and the Executive Board.
- Regular / ad-hoc data modelling, analysis and data maintenance to support performance reporting, customer marketing campaign selections, product range evaluation and development, margin analysis, competitor analysis, competitor pricing and other market research.
- Working on projects in areas such as competitor and market analysis, customer and supplier satisfaction, product and fixture space performance, sustainability and 3rd party insight solutions.
- Complete and maintain all training activities applicable to this role.
- Comply with all company policies, e.g. Health and safety, GDPR, GSCOP.
- Champion diversity and inclusion to ensure everyone feels welcome at Booker.
- Work pro-actively with colleagues and suppliers to provide exceptional service and support.
- Manage workload efficiently, keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- Deliver work to a high standard.
- Be organised, and maintain well-structured, accurate information.
- Evaluate, simplify and evolve existing processes to drive efficiency.
- Leverage data to improve decision making and the value proposition.
- Design & develop processes to support agility and productivity.
- Mitigate risk, by identifying and integrating suitable data validation steps into processes.
You will need
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a data analytics role.
- Experience of working with relational databases and business intelligence packages (e.g. SQL Server / Business Objects).
- SQL query writing and database table maintenance.
- Advanced MS Excel (including data manipulation / transformation, writing advanced formulas, constructing analytical models).
- Analytically minded, with a passion for organising and analysing data.
- Excellent problem solving and written communication skills.
- Building strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with colleagues and suppliers.
- Good commercial awareness and logic.
- Ability to draw insights from data and identify commercial opportunities.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Hard working, reliable and results driven.
- Operating within a team environment and adhering to deadlines.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*