IT Change Co-ordinator
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join the IT function within this fast paced logistics environment to assist the delivery of the IT Change Management process. The IT Change Coordinator will be expected to manage smaller scale IT infrastructure changes and act as IT work-stream lead on business projects alongside maintaining service levels in the IT support environment.
Additionally the IT Change Coordinator will form an essential point of contact to establish and support new products and processes being developed and launched.
The IT Change Coordinator is required to work within Service Delivery and act as a point of engagement on a daily basis for support and project teams. They will be responsible for performing risk and conflict assessments and prioritizing key activities with stakeholders across the business and 3rd parties.
- Act as the interface between business representatives and technical resource for change communication ensuring all stakeholders are aware of the scheduling coordination and communication of change and to manage expectation.
- Identify potential risks and conflicts prior to a deployment and ensure all necessary checks are carried out before implementation
- Establish and document business and IT requirements
- Assist in solution evaluation and recommendation to business
- Plan change across all environments, schedule coordinate, and manage end to end change through the development and support lifecycle
- Production of test packs and ensure all hardware and software changes are auditable
- System testing and assisting with user acceptance testing
- Developing and maintaining project plans
- Identify and secure internal (and external) resource for change
- Management of third-party suppliers to implement change and to agreed service levels.
- Provide 2nd line support of IT service provision and application high severity issues and major incidents to ensure issue resolution.
- Producing test scripts, testing, and managing installations into the live environments.
- Coordinating new user setup including Asset and License Management
- Escalating high severity issues in accordance with process to ensure a timely resolution
- Attending meetings from time to time, either onsite or at an alternative location
- Identifying and addressing slippage, issues or risks. escalating where necessary to Management
- Ensure sound and timely handover to the IT Change team and to operational teams.
- Ensure all change documentation is produced, stored and distributed appropriately.
- Monitor spend against budget and gain appropriate sign off.
- Support the business with out of hours support for critical issues on a rota basis
You will need
- Exposure to Change Management within a fast paced environment
- Methodical and structured approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Material creation, user support and guidance
- Ability to influence decisions across key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with 3rd party service providers
- Administration skills with an eye for detail
- Self motivated
- Excellent approach to planning work and managing priorities
- Experience of Project Management within an IT environment
- Experience of working within the Logistics industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ITIL service support principles
- Good training and presentation skills
- Good technical appreciation
- Knowledge of applications used within Best Food Logistics
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Recognised accreditation in Project Management (eg Prince, Agile) would be an advantage
- Recognised accreditation in ITIL would be an advantage
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Holiday pro rata, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount on Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at Burger King, Pizza Express, ASK, Zizzi and Coco Di Mama
- 25% discount at Pizza Hut after 3pm
- 15% discount at TGI Fridays Monday to Thursday
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*