IS Senior Analyst - Web
About the role
Booker.co.uk is the fastest growing business to business wholesale website in the UK, and takes customer orders that account for c.30% of Booker Group’s sales. The IS Web team look after all infrastructure and application software that run the Booker Group web sites & apps, including the Booker.co.uk our B2B commerce web site, and also the content only consumer facing web sites operated for various divisions and brands within the Booker Group. The IS team work closely with the Booker Digital team to ensure the systems deliver a seamless end user online experience to our customers.
The Senior Analyst - Web works within in the Booker IS team, and is responsible for delivering effective, secure and efficient systems in digital to help improve customer satisfaction and cash profit. The role sits within the Web projects team and is responsible for the delivery of projects and changes for our web sites and apps. The ideal candidate will have experience of developing digital systems and web technology in a fast paced, customer focussed business, and will be enthusiastic about delivering system enhancements, analysing bugs and data, and finding solutions to complex issues.
We are looking for someone with experience in Agile methodologies and working with the broader teams, 3rd parties and industry. The successful candidate should be passionate and proactive, with a keen eye for detail. You must have a proven track record of delivering complex technical projects, ideally with 3 years Business/Systems Analyst experience in an IT orientated environment.
Health, Safe and Legal (Governance, Security and Controls):
• Comply with change management procedures and system security.
• Comply with all company policies, e.g. financial planning and control, health and safety.
• Work with IS colleagues to manage suppliers of IT infrastructure, software, and development/ support services.
• Comply with supplier contracts and licensing agreements to ensure we remain compliant with contractual terms and conditions.
• Manage your team, their performance and progression, and support team development.
• Champion diversity and inclusion to ensure everyone feels welcome at Booker.
• Motivate your team with clear expectations and provide recognition.
• Work to identify issues that will or are impacting systems stability, availability and functionality, and then work promptly, jointly & proactively to mitigate and resolve such issues.
• Work with colleagues, customers and suppliers to manage service perception and the understanding of IS services.
• Work proactively with stakeholders to improve processes and maximise system asset utilization.
• Work to deliver an effective application architecture and development roadmap to support the company's growth plans.
• Remain knowledgeable about technology trends and innovations.
• Work promptly, jointly & proactively on projects to improve cash profit & customer satisfaction.
• Ensure projects are delivered in full to agreed budgets and timescales.
• Utilise our supplier’s capacity and capability to undertake project and service activity.
• Work with suppliers and other stakeholders to achieve effective solutions.
• Comply with procedures to store and re-use IS equipment effectively and efficiently.
• Provide fit-for-purpose systems at the minimum cost.
You will need
Skills relevant for this job:
- Good technical background in software development, testing, change management, project management and support provision.
- Assisting with acceptance integration and testing and developing project plans
- Drive to succeed and deliver projects, and to transition smoothly into ongoing service management.
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical colleagues to ensure project requirements are captured and understood correctly.
- Creating user stories and identifying business benefits.
- Good technical documentation skills, reviewing/ writing technical documentation with development teams and specialists.
- Strong analytical skills to diagnose and prioritise issues/ UI improvements, helping design resolutions, diligently testing fixes through to final deployment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to negotiate with multiple stakeholders to find solutions for technical challenges.
- Excellence in building positive relationships with business stakeholders.
- Desire to learn, add value and drive progress by implementing best practice improvements in a customer focussed environment.
- Natural facilitator, being able to bring people into conversations and workshops to ensure comprehensive collaboration.
- Supporting the IS Manager to ensure the end delivery provides organisational value.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and an open-minded mentality for new ideas.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Experience of managing integrated e-commerce products (e.g., Sitecore Experience Commerce) incorporating Apps, modern website technologies and web development
- Previous experience in APIs management and development
- Experience of using system performance tools such as Datadog is desirable.
- Proven experience of using testing and issue management tools such as Jira.
- Knowledge and understanding of web site analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, BigQuery and ContentSquare.
- Good technical project management background with successful delivery of change programs to time, quality and budget within an agile development framework.
- Techniques such as Agile, Lean, SDLC, Kanban
- Good people management, with proven ability to effectively work with internal and external teams.
- Service management skills with experience of successful troubleshooting issues and support provision.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*