IS Senior Analyst - Retail and Trading
About the role
The Booker Group is recruiting for an IS Senior Analyst - Retail and Trading, in this varied role you will be responsible for supporting and delivering effective, secure and efficient systems across the Trading, Operations and Branch teams. The role will help drive the successful delivery of our SAP system roadmap by managing the end-to-end life cycle of projects ranging in complexity and criticality. These projects will vary from supporting our ongoing departmental continuous improvement programmes to delivering new functionality to support our Health / Safe / Legal, Customer Satisfaction and Cash Profit agenda.
Following a programme of training and up skilling, the role will become responsible for the day-to-day support provision of colleagues within these business teams, taking ownership and ensuring resolution of problem tickets and providing knowledge and expertise to key stakeholders to support decision-making.
The role requires an individual who can manage priorities effectively, ensure existing service levels are adhered to, and meet project deliverables (timelines, budgets and stakeholder management).
Health, Safe and Legal (Governance, Security and Controls):
- Comply with change management procedures and system security.
- Comply with all company policies, e.g. financial planning and control, health and safety.
- Ensure system availability, costs and approved project status are reported accurately each period.
- Work with IS colleagues to manage suppliers of IT development and support services.
- Comply with IT supplier contracts and licensing agreements to ensure we remain compliant with contractual terms and conditions.
- Champion diversity and inclusion to ensure everyone feels welcome at Booker.
- Work to identify issues that will or are impacting systems stability, availability and functionality, and then work promptly, jointly & proactively to mitigate and resolve such issues.
- Work with colleagues, customers and suppliers to manage service perception and the understanding of IS services.
- Work proactively with stakeholders to improve processes and maximise system asset utilisation.
- Work to deliver an effective application architecture and development roadmap to support the company's growth plans.
- Remain knowledgeable about technology trends and innovations.
- Work promptly, jointly & proactively on projects to improve cash profit & customer satisfaction.
- Ensure projects are delivered in full to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Utilise our suppliers capacity and capability to undertake project and service activity.
- Provide fit-for-purpose systems at the minimum cost.
- Manage suppliers to achieve value for money on products and services.
- Find ways to achieve or beat budgeted costs and try to improve costs year-on-year.
You will need
- Excellence in building positive relationships with business stakeholders
- Proven ability to articulate and document complex business requirements.
- Proven to be adept at managing multiple pieces of work with an ability to anticipate roadblocks before they occur.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical thinking with proven problem-solving skills.
- Overseeing the implementation of approved process improvements.
- Desire to learn / add value / drive progress.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Experience managing change from conception and design to testing, delivery and ultimately support.
- Experience identifying and resolving various types of issues.
- Experience in completing business change impact assessments to identify and categorise risks.
- Experience in drawing up detailed test plans and carrying out the testing.
- Knowledge of wholesale industry business processes.
- Good people management, with proven ability to effectively work with other internal and external teams.
- Service management skills with experience in successful support provision and project leading.
- Consistent delivery of results.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*