IS Analyst - MIDAS
About the role
Based out of our head office in Wellingborough, you will be responsible, as part of an existing team, for bringing about development changes to the MIDAS system with a particular focus on system testing; finding and reporting software bugs and errors.
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications to develop effective test cases
- Executing test cases and analysing results
- Evaluating system functionality based on specifications
- Reporting bugs and errors found during the testing process to development teams
- Having a sense of urgency enabling you to prioritise and escalate to other colleagues and senior managers should situations occur that require further focus or specialism
- Focusing on analysing how the systems and processes work, as well as adhering to rigorous testing procedures
- Being readily able to understand and relay technical jargon into meaningful communications - to ensure a common understanding amongst both business colleagues and technical areas
You will need
A keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. While competent in creating and executing test cases, whilst ensuring quality you'll need to demonstrate a superb customer service attitude.
Full training will be given but a working knowledge of Booker/Makro branch operations particularly delivery would be a distinct advantage along with an interest in IT.
As experience and knowledge develops, the role will extend into providing specialist support to existing teams in and out of office hours.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and efficient and have the ability to work within a strict control environment. The role will suit an individual who is enthusiastic, self motivated, logical, possesses and eye for detail and is able to manage and balance workload tasks to completion.
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*