Health and Safety Coordinator
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Retail Supply Chain Health and Safety team. This role will support the Health, Safety and Compliance manager in driving safe and legal processes and practices within the Distribution Centre.
Ensuring all H&S policy is applied and that the H&S agenda and overall objectives are well communicated and supported within the Distribution Centre
Supporting the H&S manager and the site General Manager in developing and managing plans for the Retail Supply Chain and wider networks
Liaising with appropriate managers and colleagues to drive the development and delivery of the annual Safety week for your Distribution Centre and network
Ensure Hazard and Near Miss reporting is being managed correctly at your site
Developing strong working relationships with HSE to ensure your Distribution Centre and company is properly represented at all times
Carrying out Risk Assessments and developing suitable controls for the risks and developing safe working practices
Routinely reviewing existing risk assessments and take the necessary action to ensure they remain compliant and current
Supporting the central team by reviewing and maintain the business continuity plan for the Distribution Centre, ensuring plans for emergencies are suitable and sufficient
You will need
Previous experience working within a distribution centre in a similar role
NEBOSH general certificate in Health and Safety
HACCP level 3 would be advantageous
Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
Experience of delivering training to groups and individuals
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*