About the role
Booker Group is currently looking for an HR Advisor to join and support an established team, who can make a difference with their drive, experience, energy and passion. You may have a proven track record of providing HR support and are confident in owning your own work load, or have a keen interest in HR and have studied towards qualifications.
In the role of HR Advisor, you will be based in the Wellingborough office, reporting into the HR Manager - Operations and will work as part of a team, in a fast paced and challenging environment. As well as being the first point of contact for HR related queries across the Booker Group, you will be;
- Providing HR advice, coaching and support to both Branch Managers and colleagues, on a wide range of HR and employment matters including disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence issues
- Mainly working over the telephone, you will may also be required to provide face to face support across the business if required
- Building relationships with the field Managers and supporting them with various HR/ER cases
- Managing your own work load and support the creation and completion of various written communications both for invites and outcomes. You will also be maintaining electronic employee records in relation to disciplinary sanctions
- Ensuring that company policies and processes are adhered to at all times
- Working in line with GDPR guidelines, and processing DSAR requests as required
- Identifying opportunities for improving processes and services to our customers
- Supporting the management of the colleague absence process across the business
- Working with unions and solicitors on specific high level cases.
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be extremely organised and able to support the wider team
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel and preferably SAP
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to reprioritise when required
- A proactive approach to work
- Be able to coach and support colleagues of all levels
- The ability to make your own legally and commercially sound decisions, to manage the risk to the business and ensuring consistency
- To be fully flexible
- The ability to work bank holidays and to cover absences as required.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*