HGV Class 2 Driver
About the role
- Overtime opportunities also available
- Fully funded CPC training hours provided
We have exciting opportunities to join our Delivery Team. In this position, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of products to our prestigious customer accounts driving one of our HGV vehicle.
Your route will be Leicester to Manchester - there are no multidrops, this is a trunking role without any handballing.
Your contract will be 40 hours per week, “any 5 days from 7” however your working pattern will be Monday - Friday, 2am - 11am. Sometimes, you may have longer days, some flexibility is required.
Following scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly
All deliveries to be carried out in a friendly and helpful manner
Following the correct procedures with every delivery – to ensure great service
Must keep your vehicle clean but also tidy and well cared for
Making sure you carefully carry out all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
Carrying out warehouse tasks as required
You will need
Full driving licence for HGV Class 2 driving
Ability to deliver excellent customer service
Able to demonstrate good standard of literacy & numeracy skills
A basic understanding of Health and Safety is essential
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay.
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*