About the role
We are 5/7 day operation, (check our website for specific opening times.)
Primarily working in the Fresh / Fruit & Veg department, you’ll ensure our customers needs are exceeded at all times. Whether it’s filling shelves, serving on the tills, ensuring we have the right amount of stock or maybe picking deliveries … the opportunities are endless, but everything you do matters … ensuring our customers get everything they came for, served quickly and efficiently.
We offer an in-house academy programme that will help you develop and will provide you with skills that will help you make a real difference in delivering great standards of operation. An ideal first step on the ladder for the right candidate !
Delivering the highest standards of operation in our Fruit and Veg department. This will get you involved with replenishment, stock control, customer service and all of the legal checks that are needed to deliver a professional fresh food operation. You will be the main point of contact for our valued customers when it comes to Fruit and Veg.
Working across departments where you will demonstrate your passion for top class service.
You will need
We are looking for someone with a real can-do attitude who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. Ideally, you will have some experience working with fruit & vegetable / fresh foods but this is not essential as we have a fantastic in house academy programme.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*