General Ledger Assistant Accountant
About the role
- To provide support to the Logistics Manager in producing the weekly logistics flash report and additional ad hoc support to the logistics manager
- To assist in the period end reporting of Booker Direct
- To provide support within the overall Booker period end close process as required
- To assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register, including raising and disposing of assets in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the finance team with the maintenance of the Property information system
- Assist in ensuring all property related payments are made on time
- Will be required to respond to property related queries from within the business and also external queries from landlords
- Producing the weekly Logistics Flash report
- Weekly review of data to ensure a smooth period end
- Raise and dispose of assets following group policy and ensuring all requirements have been met
- Raise quarterly and monthly property payments and ensure all relevant levels of approval are obtained so that payments are made by the correct date
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet
- Communicate with the property team so that all information is up to date and any changes are quickly reflected in the property system to ensure payments are made correctly
You will need
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*